In Louisiana, we’re no stranger to calling things something a little bit…different. Here are 14 of the funniest street names we found from cities across the state. Which one is your favorite?
1) Big Diamond Disposal Rd, Lake Charles
First place to look for some shiny rocks, apparently.
2) Bozo Rd, Lake Charles
Fingers crossed that a clown lives on this road.
3) Mystery St., New Orleans
Now that's intriguing.
4) Birdnest Cemetery Rd, Lake Charles
I wasn't aware that birdnests could die--let alone be buried!
5) Fulwar Skipwith Rd, Baton Rouge
This streetname sounds like a game of telephone gone terribly wrong.
6) Blanchard Latex Rd, Shreveport
Maybe this road was named before Latex was invented.
7) Bold Venture Rd, Shreveport
I guess I thought this road would look a little more...bold.
8) Burning Tree Dr, Shreveport
9) Bacon St., Alexandria
Someone was hungry when they named this street.
10) Desire St., New Orleans
Origin of the famous "Streetcar Named Desire".
11) Bruyninckx Rd, Alexandria
Just try to pronounce it.
12) Candy Queen Ln, Monroe
Right next to Candy Cane Lane and Sugar Baby Lane, of course!
13) Lovelady Rd, Monroe
Not to be confused with nearby Fred Lovelady Road.
14) Tchoupitoulas, New Orleans
Just try to pronounce it, part II.