Are you up for a challenge? Or just a free meal? These restaurants across the state offer amazing food challenges for anyone who’s feeling hungry. Check out all the state has to offer below.
1) 15 Dozen Club, Acme Oyster Houses, Throughout Louisiana
To become a member of this illustrious club, you must finish 15 dozen oysters at the bar within an hour. If you do this, your oysters are 50% off. If you beat the record, which is currently at 44 dozen!!!...your oysters are free.
2) Aircraft Carrier, Sunrise Bistro, Slidell
A five pound breakfast masterpiece with veggies, bacon, sausage, ham, hashbrowns, eggs, and topped with white gravy. Are you up for it?
3) The Tchoupitoulas Challenge, Creole Creamery, New Orleans
8 scoops of ice cream, 8 toppings, whipped cream, cherries, and wafers—anyone who can finish this sundae with no help is immortalized on the hall of fame plaque.
4) The Londoner, Baton Rouge
Home of the Big Ben Burger, where diners are challenged to finish a 4lb burger with 8 slices of bacon and 4 eggs within an hour and it’s free!
5) Fully Stacked Burgers, Shreveport
This popular burger spot is said to add a patty to their challenge every time someone wins it.
6) Pho Challenge, Pho Cam Ly, New Orleans
2 pounds of noodles, 2 pounds of meat and 8 pounds of broth make up this pho challenge, which gives you a free meal if you can finish within 1 hour!
7) Beast Challenge, Bayou Hot Wings, New Orleans
Known for having the spiciest hot wings in Louisiana, the beast challenge asks customers to eat 10 wings in 15 minutes without any bathroom or water breaks!
8) Big Burger Challenge, Market Place Café, Bossier City
Finish it all in an hour and it’s free! They claim the retail for this beef is $57!
9) Son of a Botch, The Pickle Barrel, Monroe
A huge burger plus four kinds of fries topped with fried pickles---if you can finish it in an hour, it’s free!
10) The Big Skinny, East Gate Barbeque, Morgan City
Four 8 oz. black Angus burgers on a 24 inch loaf of French bread. Topped with brisket, pulled pork, three kinds of cheese, mushrooms, and onions. Eat it all and it’s free!
Have you ever taken on one of these challenges? Are you ready to be the first one to do all 10? Or is there one we missed? Let us know in the comments below!