If you’re from the state of Louisiana, you’ve probably been through some of these things—and they are just overwhelming! Here are some things you’ve grown to hate if you’ve been living in our state!
1. If you go to a restaurant and the only spices they offer you are salt and pepper.
Where’s my hot sauce and tony’s?
2. The question; "Is everything okay since Katrina?"
Wikicommons / Lance
How do I even answer that?
3. Anytime you try and get Cajun food somewhere outside of Louisiana.
It’s just not the same.
4. The insurance rates!
They are just insane these days.
5. If your coffee isn’t well made.
I mean, I just don’t understand what’s so hard about it…how do you screw this up?
6. If the word Contraflow is uttered at any point.
Ahh…it makes me cringe just thinking about it.
7. When people ask you; "Oh, do you live in New Orleans then?"
No! See, this is Louisiana—there’s a lot more to the state than just New Orleans!
8. Anytime the weatherman makes a prediction.
You just know it’s going to be wrong. This is what I use to judge the weather.
9. When you put your sweater on in the morning and your sweating in the afternoon.
It just sucks.
10. When someone from any other state complains about how humid it is.
I’m sorry, you don’t know anything about humidity---53% in the winter is good here!
11. When people say, "y'all" isn’t a word.
Um, it should be!
12. When a sandwich isn’t made right.
I’m sorry, this just isn’t a proper po-boy.
13. Anything with the color crimson on it.
And don’t even mention the name of the coach who shall not be named…
14. When you meet someone from another state and try to make small talk with them…
And they look like this.
15. When red beans and rice aren’t creamy.
It’s just not right.
What things do you hate when you leave the state? let us know in the comments below!