If you are fortunate enough to know (or to be) a Kansan, you know that they are some of the kindest and most laid back folks you’ll ever meet… however, they are still human and still have things that make them tick, meaning you can still make them mad by doing one of these 14 things:
1. Saying that the Kansas City Royals...
2. ...and/or Chiefs are Missouri teams.
They are the KANSAS City Royals and Chiefs... it's just unfortunate that they play on the wrong side of the city!
3. Speaking of Kansas City, don't ever tell us that KCMO is better than KCK.
Actually, do it... see what happens!
4. "XYZ has the most beautiful sunsets in the world!"
Umm, naive out-of-stater say what?
5. Make bad Wizard of Oz joke after bad Wizard of Oz joke when you hear we're from Kansas.
If you only had a brain, you would quickly SHUT. UP.
6. Don't ever diss our teams...
Jawhawk, Wildcat, Shocker, or what have you.
You mess with our people, you mess with us.
8. ...or natives in general.
With Kansans like Amelia Earhart (pictured), Paul Rudd, and Langston Hughes, you could say that we breed only the best!
9. Complain about the humidity.
Yes; we are fully aware that it is unbearably hot... but we have to live with it every day and you don't, so suck it up buttercup.
10. Try to take away our 2nd Amendment rights.
Sure you can have my guns... if you can pry them from my cold, dead hands!
11. Finally, never ever tell us that our scenery is bad...
This picture shows it at its absolute worst, doesn't it?
12. ...our state is boring...
If you think Kansas is boring, you have obviously never ventured off I-70.
13. ...assume we're all farmers...
Only the best of the best are!
14. ...or ever make fun of a farmer.
You know that thing called food? Yeah, our farmers work tirelessly day in and day out just so the world can eat...