Kansas February 27, 2016
19 Reasons Why Anyone Who Hates Kansas Can Just Shut Up
As I’ve mentioned once (or 50 times) before, it really upset me when
Business Insider named Kansas the state with the worth scenery. Umm, naive out-of-towners say what now? If you ever see a report like this (or have a non-Kansan say something rude to your face), be sure to let them know that:
1. The "boring" wheat you passed while you zoomed along I-70? That agricultural gold can feed more than 6 billion people for about two weeks.
2. And those horrid, sun-shiny fields of sunflowers? Kansas ranks fourth in sunflower production.
Just awful, isn't it?
3. Gah! Who uses milk anymore?! The fact that we
produced more than 2.9 billion pounds of milk in 2014 is completely irrelevant.
4. All joking and sarcasm aside, Kansans are some of the kindest, most salt-of-the-earth people you will ever meet.
5. In fact, an
estimated 2/3 of Kansas residents engage in some sort of informal volunteering on a regular basis.
6. Our state produces funny...
(George Washington Carver)
9. ...and game changing innovators who aren't afraid to go out and change the world.
10. Our state song is waaaaaaaayyy better than yours.
"Oh, give me a home where the Buffalo roam; Where the Deer and the Antelope play..."
11. If you hate Kansas, then you must also hate the joy of a child...
Helium was discovered in 1905 at the University of Kansas.
12. ...stuffed crust pizza...
Pizza Hut was founded in 1958 by two Wichita State University students.
13. ...and eating in general.
Refer to points 1, 2, and 3.
14. Kansas is the capital of quirky with fun roadside attractions like the Big Well...
15. ...the World's Largest Ball of Twine...
16. ...and Truckhenge.
18. Finally, we get to begin every day like this...
19. ...and end it with this.
What other things would you like to tell a Kansas hater?