Remember when you were a teenager and wanted nothing more than to leave your home state and never return? Oh, the good old days of knowing it all… However, as time went on, you probably realized that the reason you wanted to leave is now what you love most. For example:
1. "There's nothing to do here."
Oh you poor, sweet, naive child... I hope that as time went on, you learned to appreciate the incredible culture, history, and attractions that Kansas has to offer.
2. "I feel very passionately (one way or another) about certain politics."
Eh, can't help you there...
3. "I can't stand how flat and boring it is."
That "flat" and "boring" land you're referring to is primarily Kansas agriculture, which feeds a good chunk of the world. If you don't like the sight of beautiful wheat, don't eat.
4. "Everyone here is exactly the same." (Too agriculturally savvy...
6. ...and gung ho about their Second Amendment rights.)
Kansans also happen to be some of the nicest people you'll ever meet!
7. Kansas is way too hot in the summer...
Suck it up.
8. ...cold in the winter...
Suck it up.
9. ...and dangerous."
Grab your camera, get in your car, and suck it up.
10. "Everyone gets way too into college sports."
Now that you have your undergrad from WSU, how do YOU feel?
11. "Kansas doesn't even have a professional team!"
Okay, c'mon; you and I both know that both the KANSAS City Chiefs and Royals are KANSAS's teams!
12. "There aren't any interesting jobs."
Yeah, I see where you're coming from considering the top industries in the state are agriculture, aviation, energy, and technology...
13. "I can't handle another 'Wizard of Oz' joke."
Suck it up... and learn some clever comebacks!