Did the title of this article grab your attention? We hoped it would! No, this isn’t a tongue-in-cheek piece copied from The Onion; we truly believe that living in Kansas can feel like you’re on vacation every day. Want to know how we came to this conclusion? Read on:
1. Our arts scene is top notch.
No need to travel the world to see incredible talent when our own state is home to the Grassroots Arts Center, various community art walks, and even world-class performing arts.
2. There is no shortage of rich heritage or history.
Craving a Swedish getaway? Drive to Lindsborg. Looking to explore your Czech heritage? Head to Wilson. Oh, and Ellis County? They are considered to be the German capital of Kansas!
3. Kansas museums are truly "out of this world."
Fly through space at the famed Cosmosphere, travel through time at the Sternberg Museum of Natural History, or experience what it feels like to be a whopping 650 feet underground at the unique Strataca.
4. Nowhere else in this world will you find people half as friendly as Kansans.
(I mean genuinely friendly; not resort people who are paid to be nice to you.)
5. You can't beat the epic sports scene.
Whether you prefer collegiate or professional teams, the gangs all here! (And before anyone says anything, yes; the KANSAS City Royals are a KANSAS team.)
6. You will never run out of new restaurants to try in the Sunflower State.
(In fact, we DARE you to try to hit up every restaurant in Kansas!)
7. There is no need to make a trip to Mexico, as Kansas is home to beaches of its own.
8. Contrary to popular belief, our neighbors to the west don't have all the best hiking...
Pictured is Kanopolis State Park near Marquette.
9. ...nor do they have the best outdoor recreation opportunities.
10. Finally, Kansas is home to fascinating historic and natural treasures galore.
Coronado Heights, Fort Scott National Historic Site, Monument Rocks... it's all right here!