We all live and learn, don’t we? Sometimes we’re told, and sometimes we just have to find out the hard way. These 10 things are all part of Kansas living, we all know them to be true in one way or another. How many have you personally experienced?
1. When your neighbor takes you aside to tell you about a "great opportunity," you should hide your wallet.
Whether it's ItWorks or a Tupperware Party, there's always money involved and they'll always benefit more than you will.
2. Four-wheel drive doesn’t make your vehicle stop any better on the ice.
You'll still be sliding around, I promise. Kansas snow is rarely nice and crunchy for your four wheel drive or your snow tires.
3. You can't eat all your squash and zucchini yourself. You've gotta give it to everyone
What outsiders don't realize is that I have buckets of this stuff and I can only make so much bread and so much fried slices. It gets old!
4. No main road in Wichita ever seems to be complete.
As soon as one project's almost finished, they're moving down the street to the next one.
5. The 2nd amendment is extra important to some people, even if they don't hunt.
It's a skill that can be useful for many reasons, hunting being the main concern here. What happens if zombies attack?
6. Forget Texas, everything's bigger in Kansas!
Papa Bob's in Bonner Springs is a serious endeavor if you take the challenge!
7. We're all mostly nice and friendly until you insult our team or say we have a boring state.
Seriously, that's probably the most popular way to irritate a true Kansan.
8. The "temperature" is a random number to most of us. It's definitely not what it feels like outside!
Forecast says 60? Is that a warm 60 or a cold 60? (Hint: always have a jacket and an umbrella.)
9. Ladybirds are evil, and yes, they DO bite!
Not only can they hurt your pets, infest your home, or bite you, they also do that thing where they "pee" this stinky stuff on your hand!
10. Sometimes there's not really a season between winter and summer.
The groundhog must be spinning in circles these days.
What other things will you only know to be true here in the Sunflower State? Tell us in the comments below!