AH, Black Friday…the day when Americans push, pull, and fistfight in order to get a good deal on a TV… If you’re like me, you will be avoiding this utterly barbaric tradition at all costs by doing something a bit more relaxing, like:
1. Seeing the lights at Botanica, Wichita.
Illuminations runs November 27th-December 31st.
2. Taking a long nap.
After the record amounts of tryptophan you consumed, you deserve it!
3. Getting out to volunteer.
After giving thanks for all your blessings, why not consider giving back to those a little less fortunate? Serve the homeless at a local soup kitchen, gather up gently used toys and clothes to give away, or offer to help out at church; the possibilities are truly endless!
4. Visiting the "2nd Friendliest Yarn Store in the Universe" (Yarns, Salina) and stock up on supplies to MAKE your Christmas gifts!
A homemade gift trumps ANYTHING store bought!
5. Going ice skating at Park Place (Leawood).
What a festive way to burn a few calories!
6. Decorating for Christmas.
Unless, of course, you're like me and decorated weeks ago...
7. Pub crawl through town.
If spending Thanksgiving with the family was rough, consider a Friday night pub crawl with your friends! If you're in Hays, start at the Rail, hit Gellas, and eventually end at The Q.
8. Addressing Christmas cards.
You aren't going to want to do it after a long day of work, so you may as well get it finished over the long weekend.
9. Dreaming up creative ways to re-vamp the leftovers.
A ham and green bean casserole casserole with a cranberry sauce glaze? Why not?!
10. Making plans for the KU v. K-State game on Saturday.
May the odds be ever in your (team's) favor.
11. Challenging your friends to a marathon board game session.
Break out the Twister mat!
12. If I haven't convinced you to avoid shopping, just promise me this: you will NOT be one of those crazy, overly-aggressive people who winds up in jail and/or on Youtube.