Have you ever shot a rabbit from a motorboat? How about wearing a bee in your hat? Driven through a parade? If you answered no and think I’m crazy for asking, you’re not alone… If you answered yes, you are a lawbreaker. Don’t believe me? Check out these 14 things that most people don’t realize are illegal to do in Kansas (via
1. (In Lawrence) All cars entering the city limits must first sound their horn to warn the horses of their arrival.
Don't worry about being considerate of your neighbors... what about the horses?!
2. (In Dodge City) It is illegal to spit on a sidewalk.
This shouldn't have to be a law; it's a common courtesy!
3. (In Derby) It is illegal to pee on the side of a building.
Again, common sense/courtesy... Just saying.
4. Throughout the state, it is illegal to shoot a rabbit from a motorboat...
But if you were able to do it, I'd be impressed!
5. ...catch a fish with your bare hands...
Again, why are we looking down at this? That's amazing!
6. ...for one train to proceed along the tracks until the other has passed...
I guess the conductors have to play "Rock, Paper, Scissors" to figure out who goes first?
7. ...and walking along highways at night without wearing tail lights.
Can I purchase human tail lights on Amazon?
8. (In Overland Park) One may not picket a funeral.
I'll give you three guesses as to why this law was put into place. *cough* Westboro Baptist Church *cough*.
9. (In Russell) Musical car horns are banned.
Great... I guess this means my "La Cucaracha" horn will just go to waste!
10. (In Salina) It is illegal to leave your car running unattended.
This is one of those common sense things... I know it makes your car warmer in the winter, but it also increases your chances of having your car stolen. The more you know!
11. (In Topeka) It is illegal to sing the alphabet on the streets at night.
"I'm a Little Teapot", however, is not only legal, but encouraged.
12. (In Lawrence) It is illegal to wear a bee in your hat.
Why? And I don't mean, "why can't I put a bee in my favorite hat"... I mean "WHY IS THIS EVEN AN ISSUE?!"
13. (In Derby) It is illegal to hit a vending machine that stole your money...
Throwing furniture at it, however, is completely understood.
14. ...or ride an animal down any street.
It may be time to invest in a car.