If you are a native (or transplant) Kansan, there a few things that you have come to expect, including idiot outsiders making comments on how our gorgeous state is
boring, XXX stores at every exit between Abilene and Junction City, and these other 11 bizarre experiences:
1. The underdogs stealing the show.
...and murdering your bracket.
2. Hearing an outsider *actually* say that there is a better BBQ than KC.
YOU SHUT YOUR UNDIGNIFIED MOUTH!
3. Coming across an un-neighborly neighbor.
It's rare to find a rude Kansan, but trust us; there are still a few of them scattered about (and it's weird)!
4. The government trying to take away your 2nd Amendment rights.
"Sure, you can take my guns... if you can pry them from my cold, dead hands."
5. Offending someone with your team pride.
6. Having somebody ask why you cheer for an out-of-state team...
Umm, naive non-Kansan say what?!
7. ...if you "have a feeling you aren't in Kansas anymore"...
8. ...or why Kansas is nicknamed the Sunflower State.
9. Finally, every true Kansan will never forget their first visit to the cool and kitschy World's Largest Ball of Twine...
It's 5,000 pounds of pure epicness!
10. ...World's Largest Prairie Dog...
RIP, world's most deceiving roadside attraction...
11. ...or Museum of Odd.
"I've seen this movie before... it doesn't end well."