Iowa March 10, 2016
How To Have The Most Iowan Day Ever
We love our great state, and we like to show that Iowa pride through our everyday life, whether it be mixing up a batch of puppy chow or watching the Hawkeyes play on TV. If you want to celebrate our state even more, follow these 13 steps to have the most Iowan day ever:
1. Wake up early and enjoy the beautiful Iowa sunrise.
2. Put on your favorite t-shirt - more than likely it's black and gold.
3. Get in the car and take a scenic cruise while admiring the simple beauty of the Iowa landscape.
4. Be sure to greet any passerby.
5. And maybe get stuck behind a tractor in the road.
6. Decide to pull over and buy some sweet corn from the stand up ahead.
7. For lunch (or supper, as many Iowans call it), head out to your local restaurant and order their tenderloin.
8. Inadvertently run into a politician of some kind.
9. When you start to get hungry again, grab a Maid Rite for dinner.
10. For dessert, treat yourself to a piece of rhubarb pie.
Doesn't this slice from Ox Yoke Inn look delicious?
11. Afterwards, relax on the couch and watch Field of Dreams on TV while switching channels between college sports games.
12. Thank a farmer for all that they do.
13. Enjoy the beautiful Iowa sunrise and great ready to begin another wonderful day in America's Heartland.
What are some things you would add to this list to make the day even more Iowan?