Iowa December 08, 2015
15 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Iowa
So, someone from Iowa stole your heart? Can’t say I’m surprised – we seem to have that effect on people. But now what? Well, there are a few things you need to know about we Iowans if you want to keep us around. Here are a few big ones for starters:
1. Don't assume that just because we are from Iowa, we live on a farm. Contrary to popular belief, being a farmer is not the only thing you can do in Iowa.
2. We take our college sports very seriously, and you will be expected to pick a side. (Hint: by pick a side, we mean pick the side your sweetheart cheers for, otherwise things might not last too long.)
3. You can expect to eat lots of pork tenderloins, Maid Rites, taco pizza, and sweet corn. Get used to the Iowa soul food - it doesn't get much better than this.
4. You will, inevitably, be shown where the best ice cream comes from...
5. And the best candy, too.
6. And meeting the in-laws isn't (quite as) scary in Iowa, because everyone here is so nice!
7. But if you mention that you haven't seen Field of Dreams, you can expect to get some bewildered looks.
8. Just know that pop is pop, and you trying to change our minds about it isn't going to work.
9. Also, we're fiercely proud of our hometowns, so if we like you enough to bring you home and show you around, you better act interested when we show you the gravel road where we learned how to drive or tell you all about the high school rivalries.
10. We're tough enough to go through the hard times with you...
11. And we'll be there to keep you warm on a cold and chilly day.
12. We grew up climbing trees and exploring the outdoors, so it's obvious we love adventure - and there's plenty of that to be had with us.
13. Plus, we know how to have a good time, and we're not afraid to make a fool of ourselves in the process.
14. If you are fortunate enough to call someone from Iowa your sweetheart, then consider yourself lucky, because we're loyal to the end.
15. And even though we are notoriously nice and humble, just know that if you mess with Iowa, we'll mess you up.
So basically, never let us go, because we Iowans are the total package!