19 Events Happening This Weekend in Indiana You Won’t Want To Miss
Unless you’re super human, there’s no way you are going to be able to attend every single event on this list this weekend. Some of the events happen one day and some of them are happening all weekend. I tried to cover an assortment of events in lots of different areas. Just keep in mind, I’m only human. The temperature is going to be a little cooler this weekend, so why not get out and have some fun? Here are 19 different things you could be doing and places you could be going this weekend. Enjoy!
1. Paoli Fall Festival in Orange County on Friday, September 11, 2015 at 8:00 AM
This three day festival features arts, food, entertainment, and so much more.
3. Pendleton Fall Festival in Madison County on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
This is a two day festival that’s big on children having a good time. Check out the arts and crafts booth while you’re there. Don’t forget about the baby contest.
4. 46th Annual Dan Patch Days Festival in Benton County on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
Want to have a little fun? This festival lasts for three days and is sponsored by the Oxford Lions Club. There are carnival rides, games, live music, and more for you to enjoy. Fortunately, the admission is also free.
5. Montgomery Turkey Trot Festival in Daviess County on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
This crazy festival features four days of turkey racing. Listen to music, play games, and enjoy lots of great food while the turkeys are off to the races.
7. 13th Annual Bean Blossom Bikerfest in Brown County on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
Maybe you’re really into bikes? This is a 6 day festival is all about biking culture. Between the food, the bike show, and the other activities that take place – you are guaranteed to have a good time. There’s even a bikini contest!
8. 62nd Annual Roanoke Fall Festival in Huntington County on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
This is a three day festival with free concerts, kids games, parades, demo derby, paintball, and more. Bring your kids and have a good time!
9. Kiwanis Club of South Central Indiana Balloon Fest in Bloomington on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
Come on down and check out the hot air balloons, kids zone, food, vendors, and a car show. Don’t forget about the firework show!
11. Roann Covered Bridge Festival in Wabash County on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
I can’t think of a better way to spend 3 days that at a festival featuring live entertainment, parade, tractor pulls, mud volleyball, a car show, and delicious food.
12. 17th Annual Indy Jazz Fest in Indianapolis on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
Just as the name suggests, this is a huge Jazz Festival that takes place for 10 days!
13. Grabill Country Fair in Allen County on Friday, September 11, 2015, 8:00 AM
Looking for a more downhome experience? This 3 day festival features buggy rides, handmade crafts, food vendors, a parade, and so much more!
15. Fall Creek Heritage Fair in Pendleton on Friday, September 11, 2015, 9:00 AM
2 days is hardly enough to time to see al the 200+ arts and crafts booths displayed here every year.
17. Festival of Machines at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park on Sunday, September 13, 2015, 8:00 AM
The history of transportation is waiting for you to explore at this two day festival. It will feature a variety of cars, engines, aircraft and more. Your children can even take a ride on a tractor and/or steam engine.
Personally, I’ve already registered to go to the VIP Carnival in Zionsville on Friday night. It’s a carnival just for special needs children and I love that my son will have the opportunity to go to a carnival ran by people who are more understanding of his needs. Are you thinking about going to any of these events this weekend? Please share with me in the comments!