GUYS. Christmas is already here. I see you out shopping, doing all of your Christmas activities, and acting a little merrier than usual. It’s great that it’s almost Christmas, and it is wonderful to celebrate Christmas in Illinois. Here are 12 reasons why Christmas in Illinois is the best.
1. Christmas-themed foods are ready for you to consume.
Whether you're in Chicago or other towns across Illinois, there are plenty of Christkindlmarkets for you to get some wonderful German or other old-timey Christmasy foods.
2. Stores are beautifully decorated for Christmas.
It's not the just the downtown stores--some small shops go to great lengths.
3. Large Christmas trees abound.
Towns across Illinois put up large Christmas trees.
4. There's always a chance for a white Christmas.
Well, probably not this year...
5. Christmas cookies are EVERYWHERE.
Everyone is bringing Christmas cookies into the office. Which is great unless you are on a diet.
6. You can do your best "Home Alone" impression.
Who doesn't love this movie?
7. People go all out with their lights.
Neighborhoods have some great light shows, but some individual homeowners can put up some fantastic displays.
8. And people go all out indoors, too.
Illinoisians love to be festive during this time of year.
9. But no matter what it looks like, family is definitely coming over.
It'll be a mess by the time they leave, anyway!
10. You can go ice skating outdoors.
Either at a designated rink or a lake. Just be careful!
11. Christmas makes people slow down.
Well, at least the road rage seems to go down slightly.
12. And there's no better time to get out and be with the ones you love.
Whether it's at the zoo or around town, get out and spread the Christmas cheer.
Why do you love celebrating Christmas in Illinois? Be sure to let us know in the comments.