Illinois April 14, 2016
15 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Illinois
If you have lived in Illinois, it leaves an indelible mark. As the old adage goes, you don’t know what you have till it’s gone. But here are 15 reasons why our hearts will always be in Illinois, even if we move away.
1. There is a certain serenity when it seems like you can look out to the very edges of the earth.
2. There is nothing like driving through central Illinois and being awe-struck by the giant wind turbines as you wind through tiny towns.
3. Farmers are a huge part of what makes Illinois run, and it always makes me smile to see it in action.
4. I just love the remnants of Route 66--it is like something straight out of the movie "Cars."
5. Chicago is just an incredible city, and no city comes close to capturing its charm.
6. No corn tastes better than fresh Illinois corn.
7. Driving by old scenes like this, your imagination is captured by what it once was.
8. As flat as Illinois is, there are places like Starved Rock that completely surprise you with epic rock formations and waterfalls.
9. There is so much culture and things constantly going on, and there is no greater assembly of first-class museums.
10. There is nothing more awesome than taking in an epic sunset in Illinois.
11. We have our share of quirky things, like this Piasa bird painted on the rocks in Alton.
12. Places like the Garden of the Gods remind you of just how small a place we take up in this massive universe.
13. Who doesn't love getting out on the water and exploring in a kayak or canoe?
14. Southern Illinois has a wealth of gems, like great wine, Superman and giant trees.
15. I just really love deep dish pizza, and no one makes it like Illinois does.
What about you? Why is your heart forever in Illinois?