Sometimes you need to get away from it all. And your thought might be to get out to the country somewhere in the fresh air. Well, the perfect vacation for you is right in Chicago. De-stress and have a lot of fun on this epic 2 day vacation.
1. Check into the historic Palmer House Hotel.
This hotel was opened originally in 1871, but it has all of the modern conveniences you want.
2. Then, fuel up at Honey Butter Fried Chicken.
Using Wisconsin honey and cheese, and dairy sourced from local farms, this fried chicken is unlike any you have ever had before.
3. Next, take in some culture at the Art Institute of Chicago.
This has been voted the #1 attraction in the world, and the 300,000 pieces make it a place that 1.5 million visitors come each year.
4. Walk around Garfield Park Conservatory.
This is one of the largest conservatories in the country. This 184 acre park is stunning with its six multifaceted greenhouses. Also, admission is free!
5. Treat yourself to a great dinner at the Girl and the Goat.
Small plates make this a great place to meet up with friends and try a variety of cool dishes.
6. Unwind at a show at Second City.
Nothing relaxes you like a good laugh.
7. Wake up the next day at eat at Yolk for breakfast.
They are focused on eggs here, obviously, but the dishes are extremely innovative.
8. Then check out the animals at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
This 35 acre zoo has 1200 animals representing 230 species. Admission is free.
9. Then have the best Japanese food ever at Sumi Robata Bar.
This Japanese grill has robata and sushimi. And sake.
10. Go to Wrigley Field and watch the Cubs absolutely dominate.
This is their year.
11. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Bang Bang Pies.
Can't decide between savory and sweet? Don't. Have one of each.
12. Treat yourself at Red Square Spa.
Why go to any old bathhouse when you can go to one that also doubles as a restaurant? Did we mention they serve awesome Russian vodka? You're welcome.