Can I start this post just by thanking you all? It is hard to even keep up with all of the photos people from across our state are submitting to the Only in Illinois Facebook page. And you’re not just submitting any photos–these are truly awesome shots. Your submissions make this community great. So hey, we need to highlight some of this week’s favorite shots. Here is a look at another 20.
1. Crystal took this shot of evening storm clouds approaching.
Courtesy of Crystal Slaunwhite
This was shot in rural Dixon, Illinois.
2. Who doesn't think a covered bridge is beautiful?
This one is in Cowden, Illinois.
3. What a great shot of the Chester Bridge.
This shot taken in Chester, Illinois, of course.
4. Industry meets geology.
The East Dubuque Rail Tunnel operates under the Mississippi River Trail Bluff.
5. Look at that big sun!
And the orange sky isn't bad looking, either. 🙂
6. Isn't this shot of a tree at sunset gorgeous?
This photo was taken at Lake Shelbyville.
7. This amazing shot showcases a storm transpiring in the distance down the Mississippi River.
This still doesn't answer our question of whether it is even possible to take a bad photograph at Mississippi Palisades Park.
8. As the sun sets, this doe continues to trek.
This shot was taken at Springfield Wildlife Sanctuary.
9. We're not sure where Lori saw this awesome sunset, but we sure are glad she grabbed a camera.
As the caption of the photo reads: "Just enjoy the moment."
10. The harvest is upon us.
This photo was taken in Danforth, Illinois.
11. Joe took this photo of the South Branch of the Chicago River in the evening.
This is as viewed from 22nd Street.
12. Boy, does this photo scream "ILLINOIS!"
This shot was taken in Davis, Illinois.
13. This is an awesome sunset shot near Mazon.
We love that great pink sky.
14. It's not the destination, but the journey.
Love this shot taken on Route 17 in Central Illinois.
15. Check out this gorgeous sunrise that Leslie captured.
This shot was taken at Mineola Bay of Fox Lake.
16. This is a truly incredible reflection shot of Chicago caught in the bean.
When taken properly, these Bean photos can be pretty amazing.
17. This is a great shot of our beautiful dome at the Illinois State Capitol.
In Springfield, Illinois.
18. Lake Michigan looks a whole lot like an infinity pool here.
I also love these shades of blue...so pretty!
19. Look at this gorgeous sunburst over a parking lot.
Photo shot in Pontiac, IL.
20. Living and dead enjoy this sunset over Hill Prairie Cemetery.
This shot was taken just north of Sparta.
Keep submitting those photos! And check back to see if your shot was featured.