How do you know if you’re a true Idahoan? Well, Idahoans do some things that people in other parts of the country don’t. We love nature, so many of these things occur outside. Other things show our goofy, playful personalities. While a few of these things might happen in other states, no one else can pull off these Idaho things with quite the same panache and style.
1. Driven a tractor before the age of five.
Your grandpa may or may not have been assisting.
2. Played hide-and-seek in a cornfield with your cousins.
There's always that one cousin that everyone wants to live in the cornfield, right?
3. Jumped back and forth between the hot tub and a snow bank.
There's always a double-dog-dare or two involved in this game, but it's oddly satisfying.
4. Tried to jump your four-wheeler.
The pros make it look so easy, but this attempt often starts with, "Here, hold my beer, " and ends up with a trip to the ER.
5. Visited the Idaho State Capitol and the Old Penitentiary...in the same day.
The field trip every young Idahoan takes at some point. From lawmakers to lawbreakers, all in the same afternoon.
6. Captured that iconic shot of the Boise Train Depot.
...followed by the family pic on the train tracks.
How many scrapbooks and photo walls in Idaho include these two shots?
7. Enjoyed an authentic taco from a taco truck.
Because Idahoans know where to get the best authentic Mexican food.
8. Recreated a scene from Napoleon Dynamite.
He's ours, and we love him.
9. Soaked in an Idaho hot spring.
Ahhh...there's nothing like it in the world.
10. Worn camo clothing as part of an everyday outfit.
Yes, we can still see you.
11. Eaten an Idaho Spud.
No, not a REAL potato...this chocolate, coconut, marshmallow Idaho delicacy.
12. Snapped a pic with the Idaho Traveling Potato.
Idaho pride, represent.
13. Cursed at a California driver.
They're crazy, annoying drivers, no doubt about it.
14. Driven for hours to visit Silverwood Theme Park.
You may have driven your parents crazy during the trip, but it was so worth it!
15. Floated down the Boise River.
Every Idahoan knows that's the best way to spend a hot, summer day.
16. Contemplated cow-tipping.
On a boring summer night, what else are you going to do?
OK, Idahoans, fess up. Which of these things have you done?