Idaho January 20, 2016
16 Maps Of Idaho That Are Just Too Perfect (And Hilarious)
Welcome to Idaho, the greatest state on earth and home of breathtaking scenery, ‘Merican history, and modern, hardworking families. To prove it, I present to you these 16 funny, silly, occasionally offensive maps of our great state, backed by super-sound, official-type science. They’ll tell you everything you need to know about Idaho and some of those other, less important places.
1. We'll start with the basics: Collegiate sports are where it's at.
No longer in the same division, the U of I/Boise State relationship is complicated.
2. And Idaho IS actually a state, as this map shows.
Nebraska, not so much.
3. The "United States of Awesome"
Good job, Idaho! Solar and wind energy for the win.
4. In case you needed ideas for Valentine's Day...
We solemnly swear this map is inaccurate, at least as far as Idaho is concerned.
5. Although we may be a tad bit isolated in some areas...
6. We're a very creative and laid-back type of people.
7. According to ESPN, wild gorillas don't scare Idahoans one bit... Why?
8. ...Because we've done our research and are prepared to battle even the largest of hairy, big-footed primates.
9. There just may or may not be wine involved.
But to be fair, our local, family-run vineyards have exploded in recent years, and clearly, somebody needs to taste it all to ensure its quality. Way to take one for the team, Idaho!
10. We're most similar to Ireland, apparently.
Oy, enough with the potatoes already.
11. But not according to this map of "state secrets."
Our potatoes will never forgive us when they see this.
12. Ford pickups are an Idahoan's best friend.
13. We even beat the rest of the country in terms of vehicle accident stats.
The rest of you drive like maniacs.
14. We also have our own monster. Legen -- wait for it...
15. Idaho: fueled by Butterfingers.
To the states who chose candy corn, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. I'm looking at you, Texas.
16. All in all, we're pretty content here in Idaho. Why go anywhere else?
Which map was your favorite?