Hawaii August 04, 2015
These 15 Unique Restaurants in Hawaii Will Give You An Unforgettable Dining Experience
From traditional Hawaiian dishes and sushi to locally sourced and organic ingredients, Hawaii restaurants have it all in terms of food. And what better backdrop than the Pacific Ocean for for many of these incredible Hawaii restaurants?
1) Da Poke Shack, located in Kailua-Kona, has been voted the best place to eat in America by Yelp. You still order from a deli counter, with the menu written on a white board.
2) Alan Wong’s, located in the heart of Honolulu, has perfected Asian-fusion cuisine.
3) Maui’s Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar is the place to go for a contemporary Hawaiian spin on traditional Japanese food.
4) Hali’imaile General Store, on the slopes of Maui’s Haleakala, is the perfect stop for a pizza between sightseeing adventures.
5) Rays On The Bay, in Kailua-Kona, is not only delicious, but its open-air vibe will allow you to dine while giant manta-rays hang out in the bay just yards away.
6) Little Village Noodle House is a Chinatown favorite – and it’s actually easier to get a table at dinner than it is at lunch.
7) La Mer is an incredibly fancy slice of France in the heart of Waikiki – with spectacular views of the ocean. La Mer does mean "the sea," after all.
8) Kona Brewing Co. Pub & Brewery is the perfect place to stop for a beer, and Hawaiian style pub food.
9) Take a risk at Nobu Waikiki and let them bring you whatever is best that night – but don’t forget to set a price limit with your waiter.
10) Lei Lei’s Bar & Grill, located at Oahu’s Turtle Bay Resort, sits right on the golf course and is a wonderful blend of casual and sophisticated.
11) Merriman’s is the place to go for unique locally sourced ingredients – owner Peter Merriman has “agricultural partners” who grow specialty crops just for him.
12) The Banyan Tree allows guests to take in the beautiful Pacific Ocean while enjoying some eclectic eats.
13) Haleiwa Joe’s is great for seafood and stellar views – but make sure to make a reservation! This place packs up quickly.
14) The Blossoming Lotus is one of Kauai’s most prominent restaurants – and it is entirely vegan, organic and live (meaning the food isn’t heated above 115 degrees).
15) Roy’s – with locations on all islands – is a marvelous blend of Hawaiian and European cuisine.
There’s no way to capture all of the magnificent restaurants in Hawaii, so please, tell us your favorite place to grab some dinner in the comments below!