Hawaii December 24, 2015
Hey, It’s Christmas In Hawaii. Here’s What Santa Brought You!
Christmas is undoubtedly the most wonderful time of year: a season full of love, family, generosity, friendship and community. But it is also a great time to appreciate the little things, including many aspects of life in Hawaii that makes the islands absolute paradise. We know Santa didn’t really bring these fourteen things to us, but just let us have a little Christmas fun, okay?
1) Santa brought us stellar health…
Hawaii was recognized by the United Health Foundation as the healthiest state in America for the fourth year in a row.
2) …and neglected to bring us too much stress.
Which is just the way we like it. Hawaii has long been considered one of the least stressed states in the country.
3) Is there truly any better gift than the magnificent, panoramic views that surround us?
4) Santa has gifted us with some of the best beaches in the country, and maybe even the world.
5) One of the best gifts we have received is the opportunity to swim with exotic sea life, including vibrant fish, and honu.
6) We are blessed with beautiful weather, and endless summer.
Because in Hawaii, we make our “snowmen” out of sand.
7) Santa has also gifted us with the best sunsets, sunrises and rainbows around.
8) Santa didn’t need to bring us expensive gifts because we already have access to the best free entertainment around – though we would never complain about those new hiking boots.
9) The tsunami that was expected to hit Hawaii after an earthquake rattled Chile in September failed to reach the islands.
10) Santa brought us an El Nino year, which forced many hurricanes and tropical storms that had Hawaii in their sites to shift away from the islands.
11) Also thanks to El Nino, we have also been able to enjoy warmer than average ocean temperatures.
12) From loco mocos and spam musubi to manapua and kalua pork, Hawaii has some scrumptious food.
13) Santa has also left us some decadent Hawaiian treats, too: malasadas, shave ice, coco puffs, and ice cream mochi, just to name a few.
14) And, you can’t forget about Santa simply visiting Hawaii, ditching his snow boots, and throwing out a shaka…
In all seriousness, what did Santa bring you this year? Share your goodies in the comments below!