Hawaii August 03, 2015
12 Ways To Enjoy A Romantic Day In Hawaii With That Special Someone
There are few states more romantic than Hawaii – evident by the sheer amount of romantic vacations and destination weddings in Hawaii each year. However, if you live in Hawaii – or visit frequently – the romance of the islands can wear off easily, so here are twelve things you can do to keep the romance alive in the Aloha State.
1) I apologize if this sounds too cliché, but a stroll along the beach with your partner is pretty romantic. If you can, go during the week, or in the morning, so you encounter fewer beach goers.
2) Experience something new, together. Consider renting kayaks to grab some much needed alone time with your partner – while also exploring the Pacific Ocean. Parasailing and ziplining are two other great options.
3) Pack your bags and go for a hike – just the two of you. You’ll have some time to reconnect amongst nature, and get your adrenaline pumping.
4) If you’re not as adventurous, find a beachside bar, grab a Mai Tai (or your drink of choice), and enjoy the sounds of the waves crashing with your love.
5) Head to the ocean and enjoy a kiss underwater. This is even better if you can capture the moment with a Go Pro or other underwater camera.
6) Grab a picnic basket and head to the west side of your island to take in a sunset with that special someone.
7) Stay up past sunset, get away from the city, and go stargazing as a couple.
8) Explore a new city together – chose a city, enjoy the drive there, and then spend the entire day getting lost together. No GPS or looking up reviews on Yelp – try anything that sounds like fun.
9) Kiss under the light of Waikiki’s Friday night fireworks over the beach.
10) Check out one of Hawaii’s many day or evening cruises to see the islands from a whole new angle. Bonus points for a sunset cruise with dinner and drinks included.
11) For a small romantic gesture, write your names in the sand – and don’t forget to snap a picture before the waves come to wash your masterpiece away.
12) And for the ultimate romantic day in Hawaii, get married on the beach! This one might need a little more thought and planning, though.
I know we’ve only hit the tip of the iceberg with this list, so please, share your favorite romantic Hawaiian activity with us in the comments below!