Hawaii November 07, 2015
12 Places In Hawaii That’ll Make You Swear You’re On Another Planet
The Hawaiian Islands are often considered to be one of the most beautiful places in the world, but sometimes, you visit a place within Hawaii that is completely out of this world. These 12 places in Hawaii will have you wondering when you left earth for an alien planet.
1) Waves crash against Maui’s Wailea Shore creating a fog-like ethereal effect reminiscent of a sci-fi space film.
2) Within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is the Mauna Ulu Lava Flow, a place that will instantly transport you to another world.
3) The colors in this Mauna Kea sunset are absolutely out of this world.
4) I feel as though I am at the edge of the world when looking at this photograph of Holopo’e Bay.
5) These mysterious beach creatures found near Keoneoio look like they could be from another planet – or universe.
6) A tree near the top of Mauna Kea seems otherworldly.
7) This photograph was taken while walking towards the entrance to a lava tube near Makalawena, and the blue light makes the entire shot feel more alien.
8) These black crabs crawling along a black sand beach look like tiny alien creatures to me.
9) The brilliant night sky – as seen at Mauna Kea’s observatory – makes me wonder about life on other planets.
10) It’s hard to tell if this photograph of a heteropod was taken in Hawaii, or on another world.
11) The views from Haleakala National Park make you feel as though you’ve been transported elsewhere.
12) Walking through this Big Island Lava field sure makes you feel as though you've left earth.
Tell us, which of these photographs is your favorite?