Hawaii December 28, 2015
27 Things Everyone MUST DO In Hawaii In 2016
With the start of a new year comes those dreaded new year’s resolutions: go back to school, start exercising, clean more, finally write your novel – the list goes on and on. But what if, this year, we made a resolution to simply enjoy life more, to spend more time connecting with nature, and exploring the beautiful Hawaiian Islands we call home? It will be a sort of 2016 bucket list, and I’ve started it off with 27 incredible things to do this year.
1) Complete that hike you’ve been hearing so much about, but are afraid to do.
2) Rejoice in the splendor that is one of Hawaii’s many brilliant, cascading waterfalls.
3) Spend an entire day snorkeling at Hanauma Bay – or your favorite local spot.
4) Watch the sun rise from the summit of Mount Haleakala, and then spend the day hiking.
5) Go camping on the beach.
6) Stroll down a Hawaiian beach with your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day.
7) Drive Maui’s famous Road to Hana.
8) Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, and while you’re there, check out Kilauea Caldera and walk through the Thurston Lava Tube.
9) Hike through a magnificent bamboo forest, like Pipiwai Trail on Maui.
10) Watch the waves crash against the shore at the Banzai Pipeline.
11) Get outside and hit the beach – or the trails – as much as possible.
12) Take as many pictures as you can, and never post them to Instagram.
13) Go stargazing at Mauna Kea observatory.
14) Attend the 2016 Merrie Monarch festival, which runs from March 27 to April 2.
15) Visit another island on a whim. Don’t make plans, and just enjoy your trip without a schedule or expectations.
16) Spend as much time with your friends and family as you can.
17) Learn to scuba dive.
18) Spend the day kayaking on the ocean.
19) Pay tribute to all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice with a visit to Pearl Harbor this Memorial Day.
20) Visit as many colored sand beaches as possible – and choose your favorite.
21) Tour an authentic Hawaiian farm.
22) Check out a luau.
23) Hit up the annual Waikiki Spam Jam this spring.
24) Jump off a cliff – only if you are a strong swimmer.
25) Learn how to stand up paddleboard. Or, if you’re already a master, take a SUP yoga class.
26) Take a helicopter tour of the islands.
27) And most importantly, take risks and step - or jump - outside of your comfort zone.
So, tell us, what is on your bucket list for 2016? What would you add to this list? Cheers to a brilliant 2016 filled with adventure throughout our magnificent state!