Hawaii February 05, 2016
21 Thoughts Everyone Has When They Land In Hawaii
Whether you’ve lived in Hawaii your entire life and are coming back from a mainland vacation, or are visiting the islands for the first time ever, here are 21 thoughts everyone inevitably has while traveling to Hawaii, and, eventually, landing in Honolulu.
1) The water is too perfectly blue… That can’t be right, can it?
2) My leg has fallen asleep. I need to stand up. Right now.
3) Another 30 minutes until landing?
4) But we’ve all been crammed together on this plane for almost six hours.
5) Is Hawaii even worth the six-hour plane ride from Los Angeles?
Or, was that trip to Vegas for a girls' weekend really worth it?
6) I can’t believe how stunning these mountains are.
7) Only ten minutes until landing now. Ah, yeah!
8) It feels like the plane is turning. Yep, the aircraft is definitely turning.
9) Wait, is that a whale?
10) No, it’s just a boat.
11) I’m so excited to finally be (back) in Hawaii.
12) I didn’t expect Honolulu to be so big… Honolulu, that’s a great name for a city.
Or, if you live in Hawaii, it’s sad how much Honolulu has sprawled into the mountainside.
13) Oh, look, we are actually landing now. Finally.
14) Look at the miles upon miles of beaches… I can’t wait to explore them all.
Or, “I’m so excited to be home.”
15) I could really use a mai tai right now.
16) Dude, the airport is literally outside. How cool is that?
Alternatively, Honolulu's airport is so small.
17) It is so warm here. Let me take off my three layers of airplane clothes without looking weird in the airport.
18) How cool is it that leis are customary to give someone when arriving in Hawaii?
That doesn't happen anywhere else in the country.
19) Yep, Hawaii is definitely worth that plane ride.
20) Gross, I totally forgot that I have to take another flight from Oahu to Maui.
21) At least that flight will only be 30 minutes…
Cheers to making it back to our beautiful island paradise without having a complete meltdown on the plane!