Hawaii December 30, 2015
13 Things Only Those From Hawaii Know To Be True
Regardless of how long you have lived in Hawaii, there are certain things you know to be true. And, oftentimes, those who have never lived in – or even traveled to – Hawaii don’t necessarily understand or appreciate these thirteen truths.
1) The Hawaiian Islands couldn’t be more different from one another.
2) If it starts raining while you’re at the beach, it will most likely pass in ten minutes.
You will also likely get to enjoy a beautiful rainbow.
3) There is nothing quite like watching a vibrant Hawaiian sunset with a loved one.
4) It’s not a meal if it doesn’t feature rice.
5) Some of the coolest spots cannot be reached by car.
6) Having geckos for roommates is actually a good thing.
Geckos are not only lucky in Hawaiian culture, but they also eat many unwanted pests.
7) There is absolutely nothing better than malasadas from Leonard’s Bakery…
8) …except maybe poke from Da Poke Shack.
After all, this Kailua-Kona gem is only the top-rated restaurant in the entire country, according to Yelp.
9) When vacationing on the mainland, your legitimate Hawaii license gets skeptical looks.
10) There is something incredibly special about exploring the world beneath the ocean’s surface.
11) Adding ham and pineapple to a pizza doesn’t make it Hawaiian.
12) You have more aunties and uncles than you can count.
13) Hawaii is absolutely paradise on earth, and you will always consider the islands home.
What are other truths for people who live in Hawaii? Share your opinions in the comments below!