Hawaii October 12, 2015
What Was Photographed At Night In Hawaii Is Almost Unbelievable
It’s hard to deny the beauty that is the Hawaiian Islands, but what if I told you that the Aloha State is just as magnificent after the sun has slipped beyond the horizon? From luminescent stars to city lights, here are fourteen of the best photographs taken in Hawaii at night.
1) The lights of Waikiki reflect off the beautiful Pacific Ocean.
2) The Milky Way Horizon as seen from the summit of Mount Haleakala, on Maui. According to the photographer, the red fiery mass is sugar cane fields being deliberately burned near sea level.
3) This photograph of Kauai’s Spouting Horn Blowhole after dark is pretty magical.
4) I can’t decide which is the more beautiful aspect of this photo… the night sky, or shimmering lights of Honolulu.
5) The Milky Way as seen over an Air Force refractive telescope at the Maui Space Surveillance Complex.
6) The USS Arizona Memorial glows in the night on the anniversary of the attacks on Pearl Harbor.
7) A beautiful blue glow from the pool – and the gorgeous moon – illuminates Oahu’s famous Turtle Bay Resort at night.
8) Could there be a more stunning shade of blue in this photograph of a palm tree near Kailua-Kona?
9) The glow from the Kilauea Caldera penetrates the night sky.
10) The stars over Makupu’u are absolutely marvelous.
11) Colored lights shoot through the palm trees at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu.
12) Lake Waiau at night is absolutely breathtaking – though can you really call it a lake if it’s a mere 100 meters wide?
13) This long-exposure shot taken on the Big Island is quite ethereal.
14) The stars light up the sky over a Kauai roof.
Tell us, which of these stunning photographs is your favorite Hawaii capture?