Hawaii September 14, 2015
15 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Hawaii
People in Hawaii tend to live differently than those on the mainland, and if you find yourself falling in love with someone from Hawaii, there are a few things you should know if you want your relationship to work.
1) They will teach you the true meaning of “Aloha.”
2) They don’t like drama. Hawaiians are all about that laid-back lifestyle.
3) They don’t care about the way you dress.
4) They know all the best spots – beaches, hiking trails, restaurants, romantic spots, etc.
5) They know how to show you a good time – whether that includes a lazy day at the beach, or a wild night on the town.
6) You will notice that their vocabulary has started to rub off on you – you will start to use Hawaiian words without realizing it, and before long, you’ll be throwing up shakas on a regular basis.
7) You will be expected to be outside – a lot. And you must have a pretty hefty sense of adventure to keep up with your Hawaii lover.
8) You must be willing to try new foods – like spam musubi, a loco moco, and malasadas, just to name a few.
9) They will break out their sweaters at 70 degrees in the “winter,” and you shouldn’t laugh at them, because after living here long enough, you might be right there with them.
10) They will most likely have a silly side, and will constantly try to make you smile or laugh.
11) They will call it the “mainland” and their knowledge of United States geography might not always be complete, or accurate.
12) They will work their butt off – and so will you if you move to Hawaii, because let’s face it, these islands are pretty expensive.
13) You must know how to swim, and enjoy the water.
14) They will make you feel like a part of their “ohana.”
15) And when the time comes, you won’t want a destination wedding, since you can get married in your own backyard!
Cheers to your hopefully happy ending in the Aloha State!