Hawaii July 23, 2015
These 14 Crazy Laws In Hawaii Will Leave You Scratching Your Head In Wonder
In America, we like to think that laws are created for a reason – but sometimes there are laws that simply make no sense. From weird, irrelevant laws, to laws that serve no purpose, these 14 crazy Hawaiian laws will make you wonder.
1) Billboards are outlawed.
2) Coins are not allowed to be placed in one’s ears.
3) An individual may only have one alcoholic drink in front of them at any given time.
4) In Hawaii, you might be fined for riding in the back seat of a vehicle with no seat belt, however, if all seats are already occupied, you can ride in the bed of a pickup truck – with no safety equipment – without being punished.
5) Residents can actually be fined as a result for not owning a boat.
6) It used to be illegal for one to leave home without knowing where they were going.
7) In Hawaii’s Orakama Tribe, men are not allowed to eat their second wife.
I’m not sure about the first wife, though…
8) It is illegal to annoy birds while visiting a state park.
9) It is unlawful to hoard more than 15 dogs and cats in a home.
10) Unless in the presence of a registered physician, it is illegal to get a tattoo behind your ear or on your eyelid.
11) Apparently, there is a statute that forbids people in bathing suits from appearing uncovered on Waikiki streets.
12) By law, twins are not permitted to work for the same company.
13) If you are in possession of the fin of a shark, you can be imprisoned for one year. It is also illegal to feed sharks (for obvious reasons).
14) It is also against the law to fish with poison, dynamite, or an electric current. Someone must have tried this in the past...
Hawaii sure has some interesting laws… which of these laws do you think is the most bizarre?