Georgia’s great cities like Augusta, Atlanta and Savannah are all big tourist spots. If you want to take your family or special one on an unforgettable vacation, think about taking them to these special spots right here in Georgia.
1) The Olde Savannah Inn-217 E. Gaston St. , Savannah, GA 31401
This beautiful Savannah inn is 2 blocks away from Forsyth Park and decorated in a French Renaissance style. This charming bed and breakfast will surely charm and delight any visitor!
2) The Hamilton -Turner Inn- 330 Abercorn Street , Savannah, GA 31401
This historic inn is also a romantic get-away spot in Savannah! There a couple can request luxurious room amenities such as a deluxe fireplace room or balcony view room!
3) Antebellum Inn- 200 North Columbia Street , Milledgeville, GA 31061
Take a trip down to Milledgeville to visit the Antebellum Inn. This traditional southern bed and breakfast is complete with a saltwater pool and a full breakfast served in a formal dining room.
4) Ballastone Inn- 14 E Oglethorpe Avenue , Savannah, GA 31401
Reside in a beautiful 19th century mansion at the Ballastone Inn in Savannah. It’s within walking distance of River Street, and the rooms are lavishly decorated with flat screen t.v.s and fireplaces. Feel pampered with their free breakfast, afternoon tea, and free snacks!
5) The Presidents' Quarters, an Historic Savannah Inn- 225 East President Street Savannah Historic District, Savannah, GA 31401
Take time to feel like Southern royalty at the The Presidents’ Quarters Inn, another bed and breakfast inn near River Street in Savannah. They offer free wine and hors d'oeuvres, and in the evenings they host cordials in the parlor.
6) Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast- 1300 Mockingbird Lane , Lookout Mountain, GA 30750-2516
This bed and breakfast is set at the beautiful Lookout Mountain, and visitors can cross the street to Rock City Gardens where the famous 7 state view can be seen! They are also less than 6 miles away from Chattanooga, TN! They feature an outdoor pool, bocce court, homemade breakfast on a magnolia-shaded patio, and more!
7) Shellmont Inn Bed and Breakfast- 821 Piedmont Avenue NE , Atlanta, GA 30308
Get-away in the city at this bed and breakfast located in the Midtown area of Atlanta. This upscale inn features a library, courtyard, elegantly furnished rooms, and is a 12 minute walk from MARTA.
8) 1842 Inn- 353 College Street , Macon, GA 31201-1636
Just 6 minutes away from the Hay House, this gorgeous bed and breakfast is set in a grand antebellum style mansion. They have four public rooms, a main room with a grand piano, and a wraparound veranda. Guests can relax while eating free homemade cookies and evening hors d' oeuvres.
9) Lucille's Mountain Top Inn and Spa- 964 Rabun Road , Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571
If you want to experience Georgia’s wine country, visit this luxury spa and inn in Helen, GA. This bed and breakfast is set on a mountain overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains and Sautee Valley. Spend the day exploring the dozen or so wineries nearby and finish your trip off with a gourmet breakfast the next day.
10) Azalea Inn and Gardens- 217 East Huntingdon Historic District near Forsyth Park, Savannah, GA 31401
Another great inn just a few blocks away from Forsyth Park, this victorian styled home is a vintage treat. Along being in close proximity to many of Savannah's historic sites, they have Savannah heritage garden featuring plants typical of the 19th century.
11) Lily Creek Lodge- 2608 Auraria Road , Dahlonega, GA 30533
Another mountain inn, Lily Creek Lodge is located near the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia near the Appalachian Trail. This mountain retreat is the perfect get-away for couples looking for solitude.
12) Glen-Ella Springs Inn- 1789 Bear Gap Road , Clarkesville, GA 30523
This is another North Georgia, Blue Ridge Mountains bed and breakfast! This secluded retreat is also a popular wedding venue, has an award winning restaurant, and offers the best in Southern hospitality.
13) Surf Song Bed & Breakfast- 21 Officers Row P O BOX 1377, Tybee Island, GA 31328
If you prefer to go out by the water check out this cozy bed and breakfast on Tybee Island. The house and property is simply beautiful. Not to mention it's right by the sea.
14) The Twelve Oaks- 2176 Monticello St. , Covington, GA 30014
This bed and breakfast in Covington, GA is also a popular event venue. Each room features luxurious bedding and plush bathrobes. For couples looking for a quick vacation to Georgia, this inn is 30 minutes away from downtown Atlanta.
15) The Dresser Palmer House- 211 East Gaston Street , Savannah, 31401
Enjoy plush accommodations at one of the finest inns in Savannah. The Dresser Palmer House features nightly wine and cheese socials and is about 1 mile away from Savannah Riverboat Cruises.
16) The Galloway House Bed & Breakfast- 107 East 35th St., Savannah, GA 31401
This intimate house serves as a beautiful bed and breakfast in Savannah. This house was originally a single family home and was restored in 2005 into the beautiful inn it is today.
17) Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast- 385 Chancey Drive , Hiawassee, GA 30546
This is a great spot for couples that want to get out and explore nature in Georgia. This inn is just minutes away from hiking, boating, fishing and horseback riding. Set in the North Georgia mountains, this inn provides some of the most spectacular views!
18) Sparrow Hill Inn- 410 East Church Street , Monroe, GA 30655
Sparrow Hill Inn is a modern southern inn in Georgia's Historic Heartland. In addition to being a lodging spot for people heading to Athens for a Georgia game, they also serve as a catering and wedding venue.
19) Tybee Island Inn- 24 Van Horne Avenue , Tybee Island, GA 31328
This inn is set in the middle of everything! It is a 4 minute walk from the beach, 9 minute walk from Tybee Island Light Station and Museum, and 17 miles from downtown Savannah. They also have maritime themed rooms.
20) Black Forest B&B and Luxury Cabins- 8902 N Main Street , Helen, GA 30545
Check out this rustic country cabin at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. One review of this inn described it as "A little bit of Germany in Helen, GA."
These romantic spots are sure to please anyone who goes. Who knew there were so many historic and luxurious bed and breakfast inns in Georgia? Have you been to any of the spots above, or do you know any similar ones? Let us know in the comments below!