Ever wonder if you’re really from Georgia or if you’re just dreaming? Check out this list of great indicators that’ll help you figure it out. If you can relate to at least half of this list, pinch yourself because you really belong in Georgia!
1. Hunting season is the most important season of the year to you.
Not fall, spring, or summer, just hunting season...
2. You only drink your tea sweet.
If you didn't know that unsweet tea existed or that tea in its natural form is sugar free, you just might be from Georgia.
3.You wear three jackets and coats if it’s even remotely cold outside.
You don't tolerate coldness--not even a little bit. The slightest drop in temperature will have you bundled up like a swaddled newborn.
4. You can run across the yard barefoot.
You can run across a blacktop in the dead heat of the summer barefoot. According to the photographer of this picture, these people are a group of barefoot runners in Stone Mountain, GA, (which just further proves my point. We're even professionals in barefoot running!)
5. Chilling out in front of a bonfire is your pastime of choice.
Going to an outdoor party in Georgia means there's probably going to be a large fire involved if the weather permits.
6. You know what real southern food is supposed to taste like.
You don't play around when it comes to southern food and anything less than honest-to-goodness southern food will get thrown in the trash.
7. You’ve actually eaten food that you caught or hunted.
helti via Flickr
You know what it means to catch some catfish or trout for dinner. Eating deer stew is not uncommon for you.
8. You or someone you know owns a horse, pony, cow, etc.
Farm animals are not a big deal. You've seen them a million times before. Your friends have horses, pigs, maybe your neighbor has some hens in the yard. Maybe you own a few!
9. Four wheelers and dualies are your favorite type of vehicles.
First of all you know what a four wheeler and a dualie is, you own one or both, and there's nothing you'd rather be riding in. If this sounds like you, you might be from Georgia.
10. You refuse to drink Pepsi.
The word "Pepsi" is pretty much blasphemy in your household.
11. You're the biggest Georgia fan you know.
There is no bigger Georgia fan in the whole state...unless you live in Georgia.
12. Family is super important to you.
No matter what, your family values are the most important to you. If this sounds like you, you're probably a Georgian.
Does this sound like you? What are some other really good ways to know that you’re from Georgia? Tell us in the comments below!