Georgia has so many restaurants that honor state pride, it’s hard to choose just a handful. However, there are a couple of restaurants throughout our great state that seem to create the ultimate dining bucket list. These Georgia restaurants are staples, serving up not only delicious food, but representing our state at the finest level. Take a look for yourself and see what we mean…
1. Alligator Soul Restaurant— 114 Barnard St, Lower Level, Savannah, GA 31401
Alligator Soul has been the heart of Savannah dining for years. They serve up beautifulyl crafted plates and delicious cuisine for residents are visitors alike.
2. Rexall Grill— 3165 Buford Hwy, Duluth, GA 30096
Ahh, the deliciously classic meat and two. Rexall Grill STILL remains one of the best spots in Georgia for good, old fashioned home cooking.
3. Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room— 107 W Jones St, Savannah, GA 31401
The line for Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room can sometimes extend around the block. But there is good reason for that. Family-style, Southern cooking in abundance is what makes this restaurant a Georgian staple.
4. Two Urban Licks— 820 Ralph McGill Blvd NE, Atlanta, GA 30306
Voted by Conde Nast as one of the best restaurants in the world, Two Urban Licks is quickly becoming a Georgia-must. Unique ambiance, incredible food, and a wine selection to die for.
5. Southern Soul Barbecue— 2020 Demere Rd, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
People continuously clamor over Southern Soul Barbecue as a true Georgian staple. We understand why, after tasting that sweet, succulent sauce and the soft, tender meat.
6. The Butt Hutt BBQ—480 Macon Hwy, Athens, GA 30606
Speaking of barbecue, have you tried The Butt Hutt yet? This restaurant defines what Georgia is all about—good hospitality, delicious food, and a friendly atmosphere.
7. Seabear Oyster Bar— 297 Prince Ave Suite 10, Athens, GA 30601
Georgia sure does seafood right. We're lucky to have a coast that we can access at any time for the freshest ingredients. That's what makes Seabear Oyster Bar such a hit. Fresh food every time.
8. Frog Hollow Tavern— 1282 Broad St, Augusta, GA 30901
People will come from all over to spend a meal at Frog Hollow Tavern. The food is always meticulously prepared, and with a rotating menu, it's hard to visit just once.
9. Zunzi’s— 108 E York St, Savannah, GA 31401
Georgians love their sandwiches, especially if they are Zunzi's sandwiches. It's hard to pass up this Georgia-staple, with the soft, tender bread and the uniquely crafted ingredients. These aren't your average sammies.
10. Blue Willow Inn— 294 N Cherokee Rd, Social Circle, GA 30025
A Georgia-must for residents and visitors: Blue Willow Inn. Not only is the restaurant itself a beautiful antebellum-style mansion, but the classic southern buffet-style meals are what this state is all about.
11. Smok’n Pig BBQ— 4228 North Valdosta Rd, Valdosta, GA 31602
If there is one thing that Georgians do consistently well, it's prepare delicious, succulent barbecue. Photo credit goes to Milton S. from Yelp.
12. Steffens Restaurant— 550 S Lee St, Kingsland, GA 31548
Serving up scrumptious comfort food since 1948, Steffans Restaurant is a Georgia treasure. With a bevy of breakfast options, fried chicken like no other, and a small diner setting, it's easy to see why.
13. Jonah’s Fish & Grits— 109 E Jackson St, Thomasville, GA 31792
If there is one thing Georgia does perfectly in their kitchen, it's cook grits. And Jonah's Fish & Grits is the best example of that. Sink your teeth into this soft, salty, and cheesy deliciousness and understand what our great state is all about.
14. Steel Magnolias—132 N Patterson St, Valdosta, GA 31601
Steel Magnolias is a true Georgia staple because it takes classic Southern dishes and reinvents them with a more modern twist. The restaurant is beautiful and the food is never a disappointment.
15. Fat Matt's Rib Shack—1811 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
Fat Matt's Rib Shack has been serving up juicy, succulent ribs for years. People come from all over the world to try these slow roasted gems, and savor the homemade sauce.
Are you hungry yet?! I sure am. If you didn’t see one of your favorites on the list and think they define Georgia, then share with us! We’d love to include them on future lists 🙂