Georgia January 09, 2017
11 Reasons To Absolutely Fall in Love With This Georgia Town
There are plenty of small towns in Georgia that don’t receive the recognition they deserve.These small towns boast BIG communities filled with compassionate neighbors and a unique collective charm. This particular town in Georgia has stayed under the radar for some time now, but we think it’s far overdue for some much deserved admiration. Here are 11 reasons to fall in love with Buford, Georgia.
1. Downtown Buford showcases the special roots of this small town, and creates a welcoming place for local businesses and shops to spread out.
2. The small town charm in Buford, Georgia is palpable, and just by sitting in the historic district you can get a feel for the laid back atmosphere and relaxed vibe.
3. The railroad history of the town is fascinating, as the city was founded in 1872 after a railroad was built in the area connecting Charlotte, North Carolina, with Atlanta.
4. It's not your average small town—in fact there are a lot of beautifully odd and wonderful buildings with history dating back to the early 1900s.
5. The people in Buford, Georgia are always willing to lend a hand. Southern hospitality at its finest, with some of the friendliest people in the state.
6. The adorable town of Buford, Georgia is such a wonderful place to visit, especially when spring is in full blast—there are colors and flowers at every turn.
7. The buildings in Buford, Georgia are simply stunning, with certain areas featuring historically notable architecture.
8. Lake Lanier Islands are just a stone's throw away, so get ready for some of the greatest pieces of nature Georgia has to offer.
9. The beautiful 1911 European-style home of a local tannery tycoon, standing at 9,000 square feet that is quite a sight to see.
10. It's not just small town happenings, there are also a lot of quiet spots in Buford where you can go to relax and get away from it all.
11. People in Buford know how to relax. With the Mall of Georgia right around the corner, and Lake Lanier nearby, there is always time to unwind and appreciate life.
Have you ever been to Buford, Georgia? Share with us your stories! Otherwise, if you’re searching for more towns to visit in our great state, then check out
The 17 Towns You Need To Visit In Georgia In 2017.