Are you a Georgia native that remembers what it was like to live here decades ago? Well if you’re ever feeling reminiscent of the past, check out these 10 retro places in Georgia that’ll make you go back in time!
1. Tallulah Point Overlook - 940 Tallulah Gorge Scenic LpTallulah Falls, GA 30573
Tallulah Point offers one of the only overviews of the Tallulah Gorge. Experience this amazing Georgia wonder at this tiny, antique covered porch that's been here since 1912. They also have an unique gift shop for you to explore.
2. Sconyers BBQ - 2250 Sconyers Way, Augusta, GA 30906
Try some pit smoked BBQ at this traditional restaurant that's been around for more than 60 years. It's a local favorite, and you have to try some of their food to get a truly authentic Augusta experience.
3. The Varsity - 61 North Avenue NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
Welcome to the world's largest drive-in--The Varsity! It's been around since 1928 and still is an Atlanta tradition.
4. Mary Mac's Tea Room - 224 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Mary Mac's is another Atlanta landmark restaurant that's been around since 1945. They've been serving up delicious southern food ever since!
5. The Fox Theatre - 660 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
The fabulous Fox Theatre was built in the 1920s and survived a proposed demolition due to the protests of Atlanta citizens. Listed on the register of Historic Places, this majestic theatre is one of Georgia's most prized possessions.
6. Silver Skillet Restaurant - 200 14th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
The Silver Skillet has been in quite a few movies and still remains a family-owned Atlanta traditional restaurant. It was opened in 1956, and still has an antique and vintage feel inside the restaurant.
7. Tiger Drive-In Theatre - 2956 Old 441 S, Tiger, GA 30576
When was the last time you went to a drive-in and watched a good movie? Feel like a teenager again when you visit the Drive-In Theatre in Tiger.
8. 1610 Antiques - 1610 Frederica Rd
Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
There's nothing like a great antique store to give you a blast from the past. That's just what you'll get at 1610 Antiques. Their eclectic collection of antiques will have you reminiscing about the past.
9. Steffens Restaurant - 550 S Lee St, Kingsland, GA 31548
This old fashioned diner still serves up great food in Kingsland! They have chicken and waffles, biscuits, stuffed potatoes and all of your southern favorites!
10. Thunderbird Inn - 611 W Oglethorpe Ave, Savannah, GA 31401
It calls itself "the hippest hotel in Savannah," and it was named one of the top 10 best retro places in the U.S. in 2014. This inn is completely 60s themed, and they even offer complimentary hot popcorn upon your arrival!
What other retro places are there that are not on this list? Comment and tell us below!