I love Florida, and obviously, I hope none of this ever happens. Also, most of it is just plain silly, so please don’t take it too seriously. Here are the top 10 most likely ways Florida could be wiped off the map:
1. People will suddenly realize they only need one kind of orange juice.
2. A giant sinkhole will swallow the whole thing.
I don't even like thinking about this one.
3. One of two things will happen: A) People will suddenly decide theme parks are lame, and our economy will crumble.
4. Or B) Disney will buy the whole state and turn it into one giant theme park.
Either way, Florida will be gone.
5. People will suddenly decide they don't like going to the beach.
Our tourism industry will take a huge hit.
6. Zombie apocalypse, of course.
I know this is what I feel like before I get my coffee.
7. It will meet the fate of our oldest tree, The Senator, and a meth-head will accidentally burn it down.
RIP, The Senator, 1488 BC - 2012 AD. (Yes, this really happened, and it was 3,500 years old.)
8. Sea levels will rise until we're all underwater.
Unless we start building our underwater Atlantis-type cities now, this could possibly be the way Florida goes under.
9. Our Reptilian Overlords will finally reveal themselves and take over the planet.
Starting, obviously, with Florida.
Unfortunately, this one's not a joke. It's been so long since Florida had a major hurricane, many people are worried that we won't be prepared for the next one.
What do you think? What other ways do you think Florida could be wiped off the map? Please share your comments with us below.