Florida July 13, 2015
21 Things Only Those From Florida Know To Be True
Every Floridian knows our state is one of the most unique. Here are a few of the things that set us apart. A lot of them might drive you crazy when you’re here, but you know you’d probably miss them if you ever left.
1. One second you'll walk outside in this...
And the next second, it'll look like this.
2. Shade is essential. It keeps your house cooler and your seat belt buckles from burning you.
3. We could just as easily be called the Sunrise or Sunset State, because we have the most beautiful ones.
4. A/C can get expensive here, but it's worth every penny.
5. Iced tea may be the perfect beverage.
6. We will go through hell every summer, but everyone will envy us in the winter.
7. Palm trees are just cool. They make every scene better.
8. You're never far from a good place to fish.
9. Rain or shine, an umbrella comes in handy.
10. When a hurricane is headed your way, stay calm and carry on.
11. The beach is free, fun, and it never gets old.
12. There's beauty in the lakes and rivers, too.
13. Flooding is just a part of life.
14. Almost anyone can have a green thumb here.
15. Shoes are optional.
16. Never pay for shells. It's much more fun to find them. Don't forget the shark teeth!
17. You don't need a swimming pool to stay cool.
18. Never tick off one of these.
19. Jumanji-sized insects are real, and it seems like they're all in Florida.
20. Moss in the trees means you're home.
21. Every kid should experience Disney World.
Do you think we missed any? Let us know in the comments below!