Publix is where shopping is a pleasure. Maybe that’s why most people in Florida don’t just like our homegrown grocery store, they love it. Some folks even become completely obsessed. Here’s a little explanation of what all the hype is about:
1. It's got a long history of quality.
Publix goes all the way back to 1930, when the first store was opened in Winter Haven.
2. Publix stores are immaculate and well organized.
If you grew up going to Publix, you probably get annoyed or even depressed shopping somewhere else.
3. Their store brand is actually really good.
Publix products are actually made by major national brands, so they really do provide top quality for less money.
4. Their produce section is always a thing of beauty.
5. Pub Subs are hands-down the best subs around.
Not only that, but the prices are very reasonable. The only problem is the long line at lunchtime.
6. Not just the subs, but pretty much everything in the Deli is amazing.
It's not a sneeze guard, it's a drool guard.
7. Which makes Publix the best place to make a last-minute dinner run for any occasion.
8. The Bakery is top-notch, too.
Fresh bread, rolls, donuts, cookies, pies...
9. And the BEST birthday cakes in the world.
Don't even think about shopping around. Publix cakes are not only reasonably priced, they always taste incredible.
10. Most stores have a Seafood section that makes a variety of fresh sushi.
This is the fastest and best way to grab sushi at lunchtime, and there's usually a pretty good selection.
11. Kids have so much fun at Publix that the likelihood of a tantrum is lowered significantly.
Just look at how cool this race cart is, and that's just the beginning.
12. Small children can always get a free cookie from the Bakery, and even a free balloon, if you ask nicely.
13. Publix employees are usually really friendly and helpful.
Publix is usually very highly rated as a great place to work. They give employees stock in the company so they have extra incentive to do a great job.
14. The Publix Promise is awesome.
If an item ever rings up the wrong price on your receipt, bring it back and you'll get that item for free.
15. Publix BOGOs are the best.
Publix always rolls out the best Buy One Get One Free deals every week, and a smart shopper can save a lot by stocking up.
16. They also have a pretty awesome coupon policy.
Publix allows both a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon to be used on one item, and they will even take competitor's coupons. Check with each store to see what they consider a "competitor" first, though.
What do you love about Publix? Is there anything we forgot to mention? Please let us know in the comments!