Florida May 22, 2015
10 Reasons Why Florida Is A Great Place To Start A Family
Florida has been growing a lot in recent years, and it’s being seen as more than just a place for a vacation or retirement. Though it sometimes gets a bad rap, I grew up in Florida and I can tell you there really are a ton of benefits.
1. Summer fun is year-round here. Water balloons, pools, slip 'n slides, we're always looking for ways to beat the heat, which means lots of fun for kids.
2. We have amazing weather, so it's easy for kids to stay active. There are tons of sports leagues for kids, and parents of little ones can almost always find a park or playground.
3. We have great agriculture and lots of fresh produce is readily available at stores and farmers markets (or even in your own backyard).
4. The Happiest Place on Earth is right here. A lot of kids who grow up in Florida get to go to Disney almost every year, and sometimes their parents even enjoy it, too.
5. Florida is a popular place for retirees, so if your grandparents live here, you'll never be too far away to visit.
6. The beach is an awesome place to create family memories. You're never too far from a beach in Florida, and it's always a great place to bond and have a blast with the whole family.
7. We have a lot of excellent small towns. While some of the larger towns may not be ideal for families, Florida has a lot of small towns with low crime rates and good schools that would be perfect for families. Pace, Valrico and Oviedo often top the lists, but it's wise do some research and find out what cities best fit your personal needs.
8. Florida has tons of fascinating nature and wildlife to explore, and kids can learn a lot by visiting our many state parks.
9. We have lots of museums and historic places, like St. Augustine for example, where kids can get a history lesson that's way more fun than in school.
10. There's never an excuse to skip a vacation. Vacations are a really important time to unwind and create memories. Florida is one of the top vacation spots in the country, so you're never too short on time or cash to have at least a weekend trip. A great example would be one of our many beautiful destinations, Ichetucknee Springs.
Ok, Floridians, what else did you love about growing up here? Please share with us in the comments below.