Everyone should be able to enjoy all of the incredible scenery and wildlife that Florida has to offer, and they absolutely can. Here are a few fun and easy activities in Florida for folks of all ages and abilities. We’re sure you’ll be able to find the right fit for your summer adventure.
1. Experience Florida's oldest attraction at Silver Springs.
A glass-bottom boat ride allows you to view wildlife without even getting your feet wet. It's perfect for visitors of all ages.
2. Go wild at the Seacrest Wolf Preserve in Chipley.
This is a wild trip suitable for guests of all ages who are interested in learning more about these magnificent animals.
3. Ride a bike on Tampa Bay.
If you can ride a bike, you can ride a water bike. This crazy new activity hosted by Tampa Bay Water Bike Co. looks like tons of fun.
4. Get closer to nature at the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.
Anyone can enjoy this boardwalk trail through a spectacular cypress swamp in Naples.
5. Walk back in time at Dinosaur World in Plant City.
What kid doesn't love dinosaurs? There are bound to be some memorable photo opportunities here, for sure. It's centrally located between Tampa and Orlando.
6. Go tubing down the Ichetucknee.
This beautiful park and National Natural Landmark offers snorkeling, swimming and scuba diving in crystal clear waters, but the most popular activity is tubing down the river. Spend the perfect summer day drifting down the river.
7. Drive through this unique zoo.
Lion Country Safari is Florida's only drive-through zoo, located in Loxahatchee, in Palm Beach County. It also has an amusement park.
8. Tour the only public air-filled caves in Florida.
Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna offers a great way to stay cool while you enjoy an easy hike.
9. Saddle up like a real pioneer on this trail.
Forever Florida in Kissimmee offers all kinds of thrilling outdoor adventures, but the horseback and wild coach adventures can be enjoyed by guests of all ages and abilities.
10. Take a dip in this historic spring-fed pool.
Visiting the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables is an unforgettable experience. This 1920s-era pool is designed to mimic the city of Venice, complete with cascading waterfalls and crystal-clear spring water.
11. View the enchanting Bok Tower Gardens.
These spectacular gardens and bird sanctuary are located very close to either Tampa or Orlando.
12. Take a wild ride on an airboat through the Everglades.
Places like Everglades City Airboat Tours can teach you all about Florida's unique wildlife.
13. See the waterfalls at Rainbow Springs State Park in Dunnellon.
Rainbow Springs is home to beautiful water and wildlife. This is a great day trip for those near Orlando, and a little further for residents of Tampa or Jacksonville.
Have you tried any of these easy outdoor activities? What are you going to do for your next Florida adventure?