We’re all taught not to stare at the sun. The obvious exceptions, of course, are the magic hours when it rises and falls, setting the sky on fire with an explosion of colors, and casting a golden light onto everything it touches. We live in a state famous for its sunrises and sunsets, so we’ve collected some of the most beautiful examples we could find. In case you’ve been too busy lately and missed a few of these spectacular sights, here are some of our favorites:
1. This sunrise at Patrick Air Force Base
This almost doesn't even look real.
2. This sunrise captured from Sunny Isles
Just when you thought it was the colors that made a sunrise fantastic, it's just as beautiful in black and white.
3. This shot of the sun breaking through the clouds in South Beach
The sun seems to be bringing light to a dreary world in this stormy shot.
4. This view from above the clouds in Sarasota
This is simply too beautiful for words.
5. This sunset silhouette in Sanibel
Everything about this photo is so gorgeous.
6. This Florida sunset that was perfect in pastels
It's amazing how different each sunset can be.
7. This pastel sunset in Bradenton
It's not as bold as some of the other shots, but still has a unique beauty.
8. This rosy sunset captured in Naples
The violet and peachy hues are just perfect together and so romantic.
9. This glorious sunrise shot at Cocoa Beach
The reflection makes this image even more powerful.
10. This unique Florida sunset far from the beach
If you've been to Florida, you know you don't have to be at the beach to see some incredible skies.
11. This golden sunset captured in Jupiter
The tones here are somewhat muted, yet everything has a perfect golden glow.
12. This sunrise at Western Lake in Grayton Beach State Park
There's so much beauty in Florida, even beyond our beaches.
13. This classic Key West sunset
Can anyone look at this and not wish they were there?
14. This Florida sunrise that's pure gold.
The colors here make it feel so warm and inviting.
15. This magical sunset on St. George Island
This shot is so otherworldly and almost spooky, yet breathtaking.
16. This sunset captured on Siesta Key
There's a reason the beaches here are called some of the best in the world.
17. This sunset on Marco Island
The simplicity of this shot makes it seem so peaceful and serene.
18. This Florida sunrise that couldn't look more different from the last one
The colors change so rapidly before your eyes, it's almost unbelievable.
19. This sunrise after a rain shower in Land O' Lakes
It's incredible that we can capture such works of art for free by just walking outside.
20. This Indian River sunrise that painted the sky
Everything about this photo is just perfect.
Doesn’t Florida have the most beautiful skies? Which of these was your favorite? Please feel free to share your comments and photos with us here and on our Facebook page.