Connecticut is a beautiful state built on families. While you likely won’t miss the taxes, you’ll probably always have Connecticut in your heart. It’s the state’s impressive combination of amenities that make it such a great place to live for folks of all ages. But here are the ones that really stand out.
1. The autumn season in Connecticut is like living inside of a renaissance painting, complete with the picturesque walking paths and reflective waters.
The leaves change colors in most states, but it never looks quite as good as it does in Connecticut.
2. The train system in Connecticut is great, especially since you get such easy access to city destinations like New York and Boston.
With so much to do in state, and such easy access to activities out of state, you'll miss this place most when boredom strikes!
3. Duchess, a diner and fast food crossover, is unique to Connecticut and cannot be found anywhere else.
You will eventually crave one of these milkshakes, and have to settle for some other restaurant!
4. State parks in Connecticut are full of incredible diversity, offering marshes, beach, forest and waterfalls all in one spot!
This picture of Rocky Neck State Park is a fine example of Connecticut's beauty.
5. Unlike the congested roads of cities and larger states, Connecticut roads are quiet and full of foliage.
You can't really complain about a commute as peaceful as this one.
6. The Quiet Corner is the best place in the state to get away from it all and enjoy a superior bed and breakfast stay, but it's also the only place in the world to get such a great experience so close to home.
Any other bed and breakfast trip will feel like a waste of money.
7. Seafood in this state is freshly caught and served up relaxed, on a roll, or a bun, with a side of fries or corn on the cob.
Fancy restaurants aren't the only place to get lobster!
8. Once you've had pizza in Connecticut it will be hard to settle for a slice from anywhere else.
Especially if you've had New Haven's apizza!
9. Quassy Amusement Park is the longest running theme park and a state tradition that outweighs standard parks like Six Flags.
Being able to make memories here is a Nutmeggers rite of passage.
10. The vibe and architecture of Connecticut's Colonial-style towns transport you to another time and are much more unique than modern towns and homes.
A standard home just won't cut it anymore.
11. If you happen to love exploring haunted places, then you'll miss having all the local lore and haunted hot spots at your fingertips.
No other state lets you feel like a real life ghost buster.
12. And of course, the people you meet in Connecticut are some of the coolest, weirdest and most community-minded people you'll ever call your friends.
As far as neighbors go, Nutmeggers rock!