The dishes are what make the restaurant! So, of course, some spots are known especially for the one menu item that really gets customers going. You may have visited some of these restaurants before, but if you’ve never ordered these items then you’ve really been missing out!
1. Guanciale Pizza (Tarry Lodge, New Haven)
Do you like eating breakfast for dinner? Then you'll love this pizza! This fancy thin crust dish comes with shaved black truffles, sunny side up egg, and pork guanciale.
2. Korean Barbecue Chicken (Cafémantic, Willimantic)
This restaurant is known for cooking up some pretty delicious chicken dishes, but they've outdone themselves on this one! Made with napa cabbage kimchi, ginger and gochujang, this one really packs a punch!
3. Escargot (A'vert Brasserie, West Hartford)
Ooh la la! These snails are cooked with garlic, parsley, and butter before being served to you in a hot skillet.
4. Frites and Aioli (Cafe Routier, Westbrook)
These are the best fries in town! The fries are well cut and perfectly cooked, but it's the aioli that pushes this dish over the top. It's addictive!
5. Blackened Catfish (Smokin' With Chris, Southington)
Whether it's served up with asparagus and basmatti rice, or placed on a bun with tomato and mayo, this joint knows what it's doing!
6. Deputy Dog (Woody's Hot Dogs, Hartford)
This hot dog knocks ballpark dogs over the fence! Smothered in cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce, and pulled pork, this hot dog is to die for.
7. Falafel Sandwich (Mamoun's Falafel Restaurant, New Haven)
Spiced chickpeas, tahini, cucumber, tomatoes and more served up fresh in a pita bread shell. This place stays open late because you never know when the craving will hit you!
8. Cheeseburger (Shady Glen, Manchester)
If you like cheese, then this totally unique burger with crispy fried cheese wings is perfect for you! Its up to you to decide the best way to eat it though!
9. Hot Lobster Roll (Abbott's Lobster in the Rough, Noank)
The lobster roll is one of the state's most iconic foods, but this place does it best! Served up along side the restaurant's brand of chips and warm melted butter, this is impossible not to love.
10. Famous Chili (Vanilla Bean Café, Pomfret Center)
This friendly local dive serves up flavorful chili as a high end dish, complete with a tortilla chip halo and a generous topping of shredded cheese.
11. Oysters (85 Main, Putnam)
When oysters are the life of the party, you know you're in for a good night! Served perfectly chilled, lemons ready, the specials offered and great drinks make it possible for everyone to enjoy an oyster night.
12. Cannoli (Russo's Bakery, Enfield)
Connecticut has a rich Italian history, so it's no surprise we're home to perfectly crafted Italian treats. But this unique bakery serves up some wild flavors with tons of fun toppings!
13. Peanut Butter Explosion (Rizzuto’s Restaurant & Bar, West Hartford)
This restaurant reimagines childhood favorites like s'mores and, in this case, peanut butter! You will love the rich and creamy taste!
14. Oreo Sandwiches (J. Foster's Ice Cream, Avon)
Why not kick your love of ice cream sandwiches up a notch? This parlor is known for doing some pretty magical things with ice cream, but putting it between an oreo and dipping it in sprinkles is almost too good to be true!