Are you still looking to find your soulmate–that one incredible person you will spend the rest of your life with? If you answered yes, and have yet to date someone from the Centennial State, you’ve been looking in all the wrong places. Here are 13 reasons why everyone should marry a Coloradoan (written by the completely unbiased native):
1. First and foremost, we are extremely loyal.
Do you remember the last Rockies win? Yeah, me neither...Regardless, we stand by our men (and women) through good times and bad, as demonstrated by our loyalty to the Colorado Rockies.
2. Coloradoans are extremely patriotic.
Colorado has more than 2.5 million registered voters, above average voter turnouts and one of the highest numbers of Peace Corp volunteers per capita.
3. Speaking of patriotism, Colorado is home to six military bases, meaning you can meet your soulmate in uniform even sooner!
The best decision I ever made was marrying my Army sweetheart!
4. Not to brag, but... we're pretty smart!
Colorado is the 4th smartest state in the nation with nearly 37% of residents holding a Bachelor's Degree or higher.
5. We're adventurous...
Take that as you may. *wink*
You haven't lived until you've skied down A-Basin in a prom dress!
7. ...and are not afraid to show our affectionate side.
Cooler Colorado temperatures = snuggle time.
8. We will introduce you to the finer things in life.
9. We're competitive.
In the best way possible, of course 🙂
10. Coloradoans are innovative and like to think outside the box.
Caramel is said to have been invented by Milton Hershey while working at a Denver candy factory.
The first Chipotle Mexican Grill was opened by founder Steve Ells near the University of Denver campus.
Denver Water invented "xeriscaping" during a drought in 1981.
11. We already know who are true friends are.
This is my fur-ever friend, Bella. Please don't hate me!
12. We like sports.
(and we don't care who knows.)
13. And finally, we're up for whatever life throws at both us and our SOs.
Wacky annual events (Tour de Fat)...
...and virtually any spur-of-the-moment adventure.