Have you ever accidentally crashed into an obstacle on a ski slope? Do you own a chicken? What about you gun owners; have you carried on Election Day? If you answered yes to any (or all) of these, you may be a lawbreaker. Don’t believe me? Check out these 14 things that most people don’t realize are illegal to do in Colorado (via
99.9 The Point):
1. Throughout the state, it is illegal to rip the tags off mattresses and pillows...
Carefully cutting the tags off with scissors, however, is a different story... I think.
2. ...ride your horse while under the influence...
That includes you, stoners.
3. ...or mutilate a rock in a state park.
Okay, this one I get. Don't be a jerk to mother nature!
4. (In Westminster) Work crews may not travel in more through residential areas in more than one vehicle.
Good luck fitting everything into one car, you guys!
5. (In Alamosa) It is illegal to keep a house for unmarried people to have sex.
You take those shenanigans elsewhere!
6. (In Vail) It is unlawful to crash into obstacles on a ski slope.
We hope you enjoyed your three week stint in the hospital because you're going to jail!
7. (In Aspen) You may not fire a catapult at a building.
I would love to hear the story of why this had to be made into a law in the first place.
8. (In Sterling) It is illegal for cats to run loose at night without a tail light.
BRB... I'm checking Amazon for pre-fitted kitty tail lights!
9. (In Colorado Springs) It is illegal to carry a holstered six-gun on Sundays, Election Day, and holidays.
Things could get heated this coming Election Day...
10. (In Pueblo) Residents may not let dandelions grow in their yard.
Glad this isn't the case in Denver or I would be sitting in a jail cell right about now.
11. (In Durango) It is unlawful to dress in clothes "unbecoming" of your gender.
Again, glad this isn't the case in Denver... I definitely wore baggy sweats to the store yesterday!
12. (In Louisville) It is illegal to own chickens; however, you can have up to three turkeys.
I bet if you really, really wanted a chicken, you could just dress it up as a turkey... no one would ever know the difference.
13. (In Fountain) You may not have weeds in your yard.
Once again, I'm glad I live in Denver.
14. (In Logan County) It is illegal for a man to kiss a sleeping woman.
As a tired mom who enjoys her sleep, I can totally appreciate this.