Even though Thanksgiving has come and gone, that doesn’t mean we should be any less thankful for our beautiful state–and neither should the rest of the United States. Here are just a few reasons why the entire country should be thankful for Colorado:
1. Let's first address the elephant in the room: We more than likely helped your MLB team advance in the rankings.
Uhh, we mean't to do that, so you're welcome.
2. Colorado produces some of the freshest, most flavorful produce in the world...
Three words: Rocky. Ford. Melons.
3. ...as well as juicy, melt-in-your-mouth meats!
Beef, bison, and venison = YUM.
4. We will unintentionally ruin all other beers for you.
Sorry about that; we're just used to the best!
5. Colorado has gifted the world with one of the greatest band leaders of all time...
The legendary Glenn Miller, who recorded some of the most iconic jazz pieces of all time, called Fort Morgan his home.
6. ...guilty pleasure television...
Laguna Beach star Kristin Cavallari was born in Denver.
7. ...and lots of hope and inspiration.
Six-time Olympic gold winner Amy Van Dyken had America cheering for her all over again after a severe ATV accident in 2014.
8. You can thank us for cheeseburgers...
Many have claimed to have invented the cheeseburger, but we KNOW that it was invented by Louis Ballast of the Humpty Dumpty Drive-In in Denver.
Dr. Earle Haas (who also invented the diaphragm) invented Tampax tampons here in Colorado.
10. ...and teddy bears.
The teddy bear is said to have been invented by maids at the Hotel Colorado as a gift for visiting President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt.
11. The Centennial State perked up your radio through the emergence of the Flobots...
The group was formed in Denver.
The chart-topping pop band came together in Colorado Springs.
13. ...and 3OH!3.
Whatever happened to this Boulder duo, anyway?
14. Finally, with opportunities for adventure, relaxation, sightseeing, and everything in between, Colorado is the perfect vacation spot for everyone!