So you’re moving to Colorado? Congratulations! Let me be the first to welcome you to the greatest place on earth and to also inform you of these 15 surprising things you may not expect about living in the Centennial State:
1. It may take us awhile to warm up to you.
Don't take it personal; it's just that we've been burned a few too many times by California and Texas transplants who move here and then complain about how it isn't like California or Texas!
2. The rent in Colorado is too high...
3. ...and the cost of owning a home isn't much better.
Don't worry! We've been assured that prices should level out within the next 30 years or so.
4. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't always snowing in Colorado.
In fact, Colorado is home to an average of 300 sunny days per year! Cool (err, I mean warm), right?!
5. You may not realize it, but we take our Mexican food...
Chicago and New York have nothing on our Colorado-style pies!
7. ...and beer very seriously.
Okay, maybe the beer isn't as much of a shock.
8. By the way, don't be fooled by the beer on the shelves at King Soopers, Safeway, or Walmart... they are all 3.2.
Looks can be deceiving...
9. Rocky Mountain Oysters do NOT come from the sea.
I'll leave it at that.
10. We are almost always outside...
I mean, can you blame us? (P.S. We're only a few weeks away from ski season! Eek!
11. ...unless—of course—it's game day and we're inside cheering on our beloved Broncos!
12. Weed may be legal, but not everyone here partakes.
Shocker, I know... just know you won't be judged (too much) one way or another.
13. Gold, black, and silver...
14. ...or green and gold? Take your pick.
15. Finally, there is a lot more to Colorado than just the mountains.
Believe it or not, Colorado is home to a number of different landscapes, including gorgeous cities, high plains, and even some arid and desert-like climates.