It’s the most stressful (albeit wonderful) time of the year, Colorado! Are you looking for a way to rest and unwind from all the gift shopping, wrapping and holiday parties? No need to look far, as Colorado is home to several options, such as these:
1. Soaking away your cares at one of our many hot springs.
last month, Colorado is home to many fabulous warm pools of mineral water, perfect for relaxing! If you like what you see in this picture, visit Conundrum Hot Springs in Aspen.
2. Having a beer at the oldest (still) operating bar in Denver.
You look like you could use a drink... and what better place to get one than the historic My Brother's Bar in LoDo?!
3. Geting lost in the Rocky Mountains.
Here's a dare: Rent a secluded cabin or pitch a tent out in the middle of nowhere so you can unwind and disconnect from the world! Speaking of disconnecting from the world...
4. Taking in Colorado's natural beauty without taking out your cell phone.
Live in the moment... your Instagram followers will understand!
5. Practicing yoga atop a mountain.
Whether it be a 14er, cliff, or even just some random molehill, you will feel nothing but peace.
6. Strolling through the Garden of the Gods.
Breathe in; breathe out; and marvel at these breathtaking beauties!
7. Taking in a show.
Pick a venue, any venue and be transported far away. (Pictured is the Lincoln Center for the Performing and Visual Arts in Fort Collins.)
8. Escaping to a local coffeehouse.
What's more relaxing than sipping a fresh cup of coffee while sitting in an overstuffed chair and listening to live acoustic performances? Answer: Nothing. (Pictured is a masterpiece from City on a Hill Coffee & Espresso in Leadville.)
9. Unleashing your inner artist.
Got a little Van Gogh in you? Let a local Colorado studio help you unleash him by attending one of their canvas or pottery events!
10. Taking a picnic to the Plains.
Shh.. Do you hear that sound? Me neither. It's perfect!
11. Spa Day.
Life goal = a head-to-toe spa treatment, followed by high tea at the Brown Palace.
12. Leaving your cares at the bottom of the mountain...
...as you slowly climb to the top of the world via the Telluride & Mountain Village Gondola.
13. Visiting a local bed & breakfast.
Nothing could be finer than staying the night in luxurious accommodations and waking up to a delicious, homemade breakfast. Luckily for us Coloradoans, the Centennial State is chock-full of wonderful B&Bs!
14. Soaking in the serenity of City Park.
No time to escape? Take a break at Denver City Park and enjoy this peaceful oasis in the city.