Denver May 12, 2016
20 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From Denver
We Denverites crave adventure but we’re also romantics at heart. If you’re interested in dating someone from Denver, here are the things you should know. It may be the best decision you will ever make.
1. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime, and a lifetime of adventure!
2. Also get ready to get up at 5am and spend nine hours on the river on Saturdays, waiting for that perfect beauty.
3. But after you hook your prize, don't get too attached. Around here we usually catch and release. As a matter of (self-)preservation, of course.
4. No matter what crazy adventure we may drag you on, a Denverite always has your back!
5. ...and maybe some eye candy too?
6. Speaking of, staying in shape is very important to us...
7. ...and us.
8. But be warned: Your date nights may now consist of vegan pizza and beer.
9. Speaking of, we're serious (aka picky) about beer! The fridge should remain fully stocked at all times, preferably with an assortment of local and regional microbrews (and Coors Banquet).
10. Dates could also now include summiting 14ers with your honey...and your honey's "14er Duck."
11. We're chill. Like hanging out indefinitely in ENOs in the Rockies chill.
12. But not THIS chill (See #6 & 7).
13. We're loyal to our sports teams. (Perhaps a little too emphatically at times)!?
14. We will NEVER miss a Broncos game (And, it's strictly about the game, of course).
15. Yes, it's definitely ALL about the game.
16. And the sportsmanlike conduct.
17. And the game. (#goals)
18. But, hey! If we're that loyal to our sports teams, we'll also be that loyal to you!
19. And if something should unfortunately go awry, there are always more lovable yoga gurus atop 14ers...
20. ...and fish in the (M)enver sea just waiting to get hooked.
Do you have any additions to dating someone from Denver? Share your experiences in the comments!