Denver August 20, 2016
Every True Denverite Has Had These 13 Bizarre Experiences At Least Once
In a world of tourists and transplants and bipolar vortexes, encounters of the strange kind are accepted – expected even. With nearly 3,000,000 people living in the Mile High metro area, unusual occurrences are bound to happen, and if you’re a tried and true Denverite, there’s no doubt all of these (and then some) have happened to you at some point in time.
1. A tourist asked, "Where are the mountains?"
FYI: Denver isn't IN the mountains...but you can get there in about an hour.
2. You've gotten caught in a severe afternoon storm at an inopportune time.
Game delays are the pits!
3. Seriously though, you were driving along just fine...when a fast-moving storm swept through with heavy rain, wind, and hail, leaving a trail of flooding and destruction in its path.
4. There's a blizzard out there, but you've still got to get to work on time.
Boo hiss. Everyone deserves a snow day.
5. You've been more than curious to know how/why the "No Gambling" policy on RTD vehicles came to be.
Sorry, Snake Eyes, this ride's not for you.
6. You've likewise been befuddled by the mysteries of the marijuana industry.
What does it mean!?!?
7. You went in to grab some vitamins and herbal supplements, but...
8. Oh, right, this is Denver.
Notable irony: This used to be a bail bonds building.
9. Only in Denver...
10. You woke up, and for a second you thought you were in Shanghai or L.A. - only to realize that rather than smog it was smoke from a forest fire.
11. You threw caution to the wind and chased down said forest fire to take photos to post on social media.
12. You accidentally ended up at the 420 Rally.
(And it was somewhat frightening.)
13. You ate Rocky Mountain Oysters, and you liked them.
No, really. You secretly adore eating swinging beef and will take on dares from friends just to get a free meal of cowboy caviar.
If you’re truly a Denverite, you may have found these to be more run-of-the-mill than bizarre, but you may not know the
11 Weirdest And Strangest Things To Ever Happen In The Mile High City.